Find a course in your area
Think you know everything about Reciprocating Compressors?
Course Duration: 8 Hours
Detechtion Technologies offers a Reciprocating Compressor course that provides an understanding of the Reciprocating Compressor’s operating principles. Attendees will learn, among other topics, about multi-staging scenarios and optimization of Reciprocating Compressors.
The course covers the following:
- Properties of natural gas / How & why gases behave differently when compressed
- Water content & hydrates
- How water content can affect Valves & Rod Loads
- Detailed hardware discussion: Drivers, Compressors, and Auxiliary Equipment
- The compression process and clearance – what is actually happening inside the Reciprocating compressor
- Compressor Valves, Rod Load, Rod Reversal, Clearance Devices
- Volumetric Efficiency
- Reciprocating Compressor Optimization
- Horsepower & driver loading
- Compressor loading curves
- Maintenance & lubrication
The Reciprocating Compressor training is appropriate for junior and experienced operators as well as junior and experienced engineers in the oil and gas industry. This will also help engineers who are looking to build a deeper understanding of key Reciprocating Compressor fundamentals.